Get paid
simply view 30 second ads, and get paid!
Click here to start
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 30 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 am

Indie games overview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indie games overview

Post by Hillybilly on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:59 am

You may or may not of heard of Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows: Indie Games.
Indie or independent games are games created by regular people. Microsoft offers a free program in which anybody can create his or her own game. However, uploading your game to the Xbox Live Marketplace will cost you a yearly membership fee of around $100.

Indie Games are usually low budget, and therefore, very cheap. You can usually find a decent game for 80 Xbox points, which translates to $1. There is a downside though. Indie games do not offer any achievement points, and can only be played while connected to the internet.

As I mentioned, Indie games are usually low budget. Many games are in 2-d, and even stop-motion like old Mortal Kombat games. One thing to note though, not all Indie games are even games. A lot of amateur developers are creating these games with unusual features. There are "games" that will turn your Xbox controller into a personal massager, some that are clocks, calculators, and even music creators.

The Indie Games concept is great idea. I would recommend that you at least download a couple trial games. If you do purchase any Indie game, feel free to write a review about it on the site.

One thing to keep in mind if you are reviewing an Indie game: Indie games usually won't have great graphics, or many features like normal games would. So when rating Indie games, please don't try to compare the graphics or game play to anything high budget. What I'm trying to say is, keep Indie games ratings on the same level as Indie games, and keep Xbox 360 Games ratings on the same level as Xbox 360 games.

Admins

Hillybilly
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 46
Xbox Live Gamertag : Hillbilly Chad Registration date : 2009-07-17

View user profile http://riddelz.getgoo.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top